Thursday, June 4, 2009

Father's Day hits Thankful Thursday!

Happy Thursday to you!!

Today is Thursday so that means that it is Thankful Thursday over at the InStyle Stamps blog! This is my first time to host Thankful Thursday so be gentle!! In case you're new to Thankful Thursday, it is a sketch challenge that we host every week over at the InStyle Stamps blog. All you have to do is create a Thankful card following the sketch, post a comment on their blog and a link to your creation and that's it. Pretty easy stuff, huh!

This week I decided to borrow a sketch from my wonderfully talented friend Maria Bell. She is the sketch queen!! If you've never been to her blog, you should visit. You will find a sketch of every conceivable description and some wonderful inspiration!! If you have been to her blog then you know I'm right!! She's also a true sweetie!! Thank you, Maria!!
This is the sketch I chose for this week. You should really take a minute and enter this challenge. It's a great sketch and I would love for you to play!!


I made a Father's Day card or actually a Father-to-Be card because I consider that to be a thank you card! This adorable image is a Sneak Peek of an image that will be released on Friday called Lance and Lisa. Aren't they the cutest little expectant parents ever?? I think they're sweet. You will be able to find them at InStyle Stamps on Friday.



I colored my image with my copics and highlighted with a white gel pen. I cut it out with my nesties. I printed my sentiment out on the computer and cut it out. I chalked the edges of my image circle and the sentiment with blue chalk to keep it from being so white. I wanted color on the edges but didn't want the strong color that I would get if I inked the edges. Chalk is great for that! I put brads in my sentiment and popped it up on pop dots. I put a piece of brown ribbon across the top of the card. I used that wonderful Bo Bunny paper that I love so much!! My ribbon came from my stash.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here!! I love reading your comments, they mean so much!! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Risa said...

Super cute card Cathy! Your coloring and sketch layout are awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Kimmie said...

your coloring is just amazing on this image! I LOVE it!

Christine said...

Very cute card. I hope I get a chance to participate.

Blessings,
Christine

Maria said...

Awesome job, Cathy! Whoohoo Congratulations on your first TT! Not too hard, right? Love your card. . .you colored that ISS image so beautifully and you followed the sketch so nicely. I'll miss being part of the team but I'll be sure to check out all your lovely work!!

Maria

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy,
I know you don't know me but, I'm one of the artists at ISS. I just love your take on the Thankful Thursday sketch. That's great how you combined it to also be a Father's Day card. Very creative!

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect and so pretty.