Sunday, July 5, 2009

Christmas Stampin all Year Long

Happy Monday Everyone!! (Please scroll down and see my weekend post too.)

Today is another scorching, hot day, but Christmas doesn't wait for anyone so I have to keep making my Christmas cards!! That's why I love being a member of the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long DT. It forces me to make my cards whether it's 20 degrees outside or 102 degrees.

This week the lovely Vicki is our hostess and her challenge is to create a Christmas card without using any stamped images. (Say what??) You can actually get very creative with this, using die cuts, recycled items, stickers, flowers, anything you have!!! You can stamp a sentiment, but other than that, no more stamping!!

If you haven't visited Vicki's blog, you have to go see it. Her work will definitely rock your world. Her coloring skills are fabulous and her work is a true inspiration!!

So ok, I though about this one and finally came up with this card. I'm not sure I love it. I like it but I don't just love it. What do you think?? Anyway, I used K & Co. paper, card, cardstock, and Santa image. I tried to get a good picture of the glitter on the beard and the holly leaves on the sentiment, but it just didn't want to work. The velvet rick rack came from my stash and the brads are by Making Memories. I popped up the Santa oval (cut with my nesties) and the sentiment on pop dots to give that 3D look.



Sometimes, it's nice to have a sketch to work with, so if you would like to have a sketch to play around with, visit the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to see one. But remember, the challenge is not the sketch. Be sure to check out the other CSAYL divas. You can find the links on my sidebar. Be sure to also visit our fearless leader Maria at her blog.

We would love to see your creations, so come play around with us!! If you upload to SCS or PCP please use the keyword CSAYL so we can find your take on our challenge. I hope you like my card. I appreciate you coming to visit. Please be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here and so I can visit your blogs. I love seeing everyone's beautiful work. Have a wonderful day!! Please make sure you come back later, I will have an important post about Nutshells stamps new releases and a challenge!!! It will be exciting!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute card, Cathy - lovin' the santa...he's awesome!

Maria said...

Hey Cathy! Awww, your Santa is a cute one! I think your card turned out fabulous! You did a great job with the stampless challenge and that Santa image is perfect for the challenge.

You're funny. . I don't know if I'm fearless but hey, I'll take it! Thanks for the shout out. Keep up the great work on the challenges!

Maria

Tina said...

this is an amazing card - I love it - You did a great job with this one - I had this die but got rid of it - now I know I should have kept it...it's always only after you see others do something fantastic with a tool that you had...amazing - but then again all your cards are.

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Great Christmas card! Love the bling**~