Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red, White and Blue...Oh My!!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!! I know I'm a little late, but my post didn't go up as I wanted. Oh well, that's the way it goes!! I hope you've had a happy and safe holiday weekend so far. I also want to take a moment and say thank you to all of our servicemen and women who are protecting our freedom and the way of life that we know and love. I appreciate the sacrifices that you and your families make to protect our country and you deserve more than a big thank you.

Ok, onto my card. I have made a personal record with this card!!! I have managed to make this card fit into 5 different challenges!! WOO HOOO!! I'm usually doing well to get one or two challenges done each week so this is wonderful! This challenge fits the OCC-Our Creative Corner color challenge, the Try it Out Tuesday challenge over at Follow Your Heart (SCACD) which is also a color challenge, the 365 Cards Day 126 color challenge and the Dare U 2 Digi Stamp challenge #14 which is Embossing. I also used the SCACD June Sketch challenge over on Paper Craft Planet to create my card. There... 5 different challenges!!!!
I've edited this post to include the 2 Red Bananas Sunday Challenge to my list of challenges for my card!!! That makes 6 challenges!!!WoooHoooo!!
For my card I used Patriotic Ridley by Digital Delights by Louby Lou. When I saw this little guy, I knew I had to download him and use him for the holiday!! He's so cute!! I love him to pieces!1 I colored him with my copics and cut him out with my coluzzle. I stamped some stars by Autumn Leaves with red and blue Brilliance ink and cut them out and popped them up on pop dots. I went over the inside star on each one with a glitter pen for a little sparkle. I stamped my sentiment with my Studio G stamps. I went over the "4th" with my glitter pen, again the sparkle! My red, white and blue paper is by Doodlebug and my cardstock is Bazzill. I embossed the blue piece with my swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. I tied it all up with some red, white and blue ribbon from my stash (I mean collection) LOL. And that's it. Very simple but I like how it turned out. I hope you like it too.

I hope you like my multi challenge card for today!! Please leave me a comment so I knew you were here. I enjoy visiting your blogs as well. Come back tomorrow for two posts!! I know, I'm just going nuts!! Don't forget, we are releasing the Nutshells boys on Monday so be sure to stop by and see my card or cards for that day's festivities. I know that we are having a challenge on the Nutshells blog so be sure and go by there to participate as well. I'll have all the deets for you tomorrow!!! Tomorrow is also my 18th wedding anniversary. See ya then!! Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Cathy, this is just stunning and so vibrant. Hope you had a great day yesterday. Glad you could join in with us at DU2DS
Karen x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love the cute image and the pretty papers and wonderful details. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Chris said...

Great card and such a cute image! Love your colouring and your embossing looks wonderful. Well done on all those challenges too! Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)

Larissa said...

Great card, The image is very sweet. Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS.
Hugs,
Larissa

Heather Schlatter said...

Cathy,

Wow girl 6 challenges!!!! You did a great job with Ridley here I love all the Red White and Blue!!

Awesome job on this!!!

Heather