Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Happy Butterfly

Hi everyone. Today is Wednesday and that means that it is Flutterby Wednesday! My card today has a very happy butterfly on it! I decided to make a round card for a change. My daughter wanted me to use this stamp so I inked it up and colored it in with my copics. I used Making Memories paper and really made this cute little guy bling. I love Prisma glitter by Hero Arts. It really shines. It's hard to capture the glittery shine with the camera, but trust me, it is very sparkly. It is also very hard to see the dimension in the photo. I used big pop dots to pop up my butterfly and sentiment. I decided to use tulle at the top of my card instead of ribbon, just to change it up a bit (plus it's pretty)! I used my Scor-Pal to score the top of the card so it would open nicely.


Remember, you can play along too! If you make a butterfly card and upload it to a gallery at SCS or PCP be sure to use the keyword: FBW40. Don't forget, Danni has blog candy with no fat or extra calories!! Check out the details at Danni's blog. Be sure to check out the fabulous creations the other members of our team have posted by clicking on their links on my sidebar.

Finally, here it is! I hope you like it!






Thanks for stopping by my blog and be sure to come back soon and see what I am up to next.

See you soon, Cathy.

My Recipe:

Paper: Making Memories, Bazzill
Stamps: Stampendous, A Muse Artstamps
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities ribbon tags
Other: Copics, Coluzzle, Quickie Glue Pen, Prisma glitter by Hero Arts, brads, Martha Stewart gems, tulle, Memento ink , pop dots

8 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

OOOOOO this Butterfly is so cute, love all his different designs!!! Great Card Cathy!

I have never made a Round card. Used lots of round on my image, but never made a totally round card!!!

Great Colors and your Butterfly really blends with all the colors on the DSP!!! Wonderful Cathy!!

Have you checked out the Pink Cat Samples there are 4 girls with peaks already up!!!


Heather

Kimmie said...

What a darling butterfly - love all the fabulous colors. And a circular card is always fun!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, this is so darn cute! I love the image is adorable and I love all the color.

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute! I love the round card, I've never made one before!

Michelle said...

Cathy, I love this butterfly! The round card is cool - I always seem to do the same size!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love it very much.. your blog is just wonderful :)

Marlene x

Danni said...

I just love that you did a round card! So neat! Thanks for all your work on this!

Kristie W. said...

So totally cute!