Monday, March 30, 2009

Christmas Stampin' All Year Long

Good Morning!! It's Monday, that means that it is Christmas card day!! At Christmas Stampin' All Year Long, we create Christmas cards every Monday. By the time November arrives, we have a whole bunch of Christmas cards ready to send out!! How much stress will that take out of the holiday season??
Anywhoo, our fearless leader, Maria has created another fabulous sketch for us to use. This will be sketch #10. This was a great sketch and one I will use again for sure.


For my card this week, I used some pretty K&Co. Christmas paper, Doodlebug buttons, Bo Bunny ribbon, Martha Stewart Snow glitter, Inkadinkado sentiment stamp and Great Impressions stamp for the main image. I stitched the patterned paper to my card with my sewing machine. I used a paper piercer to do the piercing and my Copics to color my image. I also used Glossy Accents on the snowman's hat and button for a shiny effect.

This is a very simple card but I think it turned out great. What do you think?
Be sure to visit the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to see what the other challenge divas created. I also have them listed on my sidebar. We'd love for you to play along, just leave a comment and a link to your creation on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog or if you upload to SCS or PCP, use the keyword CSAYL.

Thanks for coming by to look at my blog. I hope you enjoy my creations and that they will bring you inspiration. I'll see you tomorrow with more eye candy for you to look at!! Have a wonderful day!!
Recipe:
Stamps: Great Impressions, Inkadinkado
Paper: K&Co., Bazzill
Other: Doodlebug buttons, Bo Bunny ribbon, Martha Stewart Snow glitter, Glossy Accents, Copics

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your sweet Christmas!!!

Vicki G said...

I absolutely LOVE your card. It is so whimsical looking. The buttons and DP are adorable and that snow.........well way too sweet!!!!

This card is just Gorgeous!!!!

Vicki

Christine Riley said...

Love your card! That image is too sweet and I love the snow :)
Hugs, Christine

Holly Young said...

This is such a darling card! I joined a group making Christmas cards all year long and year before last I had so many made that half got saved and sent this year!

Tammi said...

Cathy this is so cute, a fun and happy card, and I love your paper piercing!

Janna said...

Cathy this is just adorable!!! I love the great paper and those adorable buttons! But your image with the snow and the piereced swirls is amazing!! What brilliant ideas! Such a fun, fun creation!!

Smile,s
janna

Jodi said...

Very pretty and so cute!! I love all of your added embellishments on this card!! Awesome!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Sandy said...

Absolutely adorable card, Cathy!! Love that sweet image and I love the paper piercing.

Congrats on your DT news. Looking forward to working with you over at InStyle Stamps.

Nancy said...

Adorable Christmas card! I love it!!

Tina said...

Hey there, love your card. Thanks for the nice comment on my ARIGATO card. I am just super happy with the way it came out.

Have a fabulous week.

tina

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Cathy you did a great job on your Christmas Card this week!!! Great Job!!! I love the ribbon and the layout and your coloring is great too!!!

Heather

Maria said...

Oh my goodness, Cathy. . your card turned out beautifully! I just love the snow and the pretty image. You're doing fabulous with your Christmas cards and you did a bang up job with this week's challenge. Can't wait to see more of your beautiful Christms cards each week!!

Maria