Monday, March 16, 2009

A Faerie For You!!

Happy Monday to you!!

I hope you are all doing well. I am suffering from the sinus junk that is kicking some serious tail all over the place. My hubby is getting over his and Brittany is trying. I just seem to keep suffering. Uuuuugggggghhhhhh!!!!

Anyway, I wanted to share a card with you today using the beautiful Sassafras from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. Susana has a fabulous store and if you haven't been over there you should put your slippers on and click on over!! Not only does she have a fabulous selection of products, she has a beautiful and unique selection of high quality rubber stamps. Her customer service is wonderful too!! Fast shipping!! That is very important to me because I can't wait to smell fresh rubber in my mailbox!!! Can you??
Here's my card (please excuse the finger in my picture):


Doesn't she make you smile?? I love this image! I used some beautiful Daisy Bucket paper (Love it) and colored Sassafras in with my Copics. I used my Cuttlebug Stylized Flowers folder to emboss my green cardstock and Martha Stewart photo corners and pearls on the corners. I used a sketch from Magnolia-licious. I used my nesties to cut out my image and the scalloped layer.



I chalked around her with blue chalk for emphasis. I used Shimmerz on her wings, socks and flowers in her hair although my camera refuses to show you.


I used my Martha Stewart Heart punch for the inside of my card and another strip of that fabby paper. I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks for coming by my blog. It means a lot to me that you took time to visit, so be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here.

Come back tomorrow. I'll have something wonderful for you to see!

Recipe:
Stamp: Sassafras
Paper: Daisy Bucket
Ink: Memento
Other: Copics, Shimmerz, Martha Stewart punch, photo corners and pearls, CB embossing
folder

16 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Cathy wow she is sooo beautiful I love it I love your colour combo as well. I am going to have a go at this one as well just hope I can make as good a job as you.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Annie said...

aw how cute is she! and love those bright colourful papers you used with her. hugs, annie x

Tina said...

She is adorable with such a sassy name, love it!

Tammi said...

Take care Cathy! Your card is so pretty, lovely job on it.

Susana M said...

Hey Cathy,
Wonderful creation there love the whole Alice in Wonderland vibe and the Shimmerz was a nice touch!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Maria Matter said...

Hi Cathy!
this is beautiful! She has such a sweet face, ya can't help but smile! Lovely papers too!
Blessings, Maria

Mae said...

Cathy, that is a wonderful card. I love the colors & it sure makes me smile.

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Cathy,

You did a great job on this card!!! I saw your picture on the DT for Christmas Stamping All Year long Yea for you!!!!

I have thought about buying some of these faries but have not given in quite yet!!! LOL

Great layout and paper choices!!!

Heather

Jodi said...

Very cute and sweet card! I love the way you colored her and the colors you chose for her.
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Joey said...

Hi Cathy, this little fairy is so pretty, I love the colours you have used with her. Joey.x

Danni said...

Very pretty! That paper is very pretty and goes well with how you colored Sassafras!

Brandi said...

So sweet! Love it Cathy!

Cassie said...

this is so sweet cathy! i love the paper you used and that layout just looks smashing!! i adore her purple fairy wings too!

Unknown said...

very cute image!

Michelle said...

Sassafras is so pretty! I just love the fairies from Susana's store!! Love the way you colored her!

Hope you are feeling better soon - sinus junk isn't any fun!

Janna said...

So sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather! That is awful! I hope you are on the mend. What an adorable card! You colored in this little fairy beautifully and I love the layout and papers! The hearts on the inside work so well!

Smiles,
janna