Monday, March 23, 2009

Christmas Stamping All Year Long

Happy Monday to you!! I have some exciting news to share today. I'm a Christmas Stampin' All Year Long Challenge Diva!!! Yay!!! Thanks Maria!!

This week is sketch challenge #9. Here is the sketch that Maria has given us.




I decided to flip the sketch to fit the stamp that I wanted to use. Here is my creation:




Please forgive my picture. I just couldn't seem to get a decent picture for some reason!! Ugh!! I bet I took 20 photos trying to get a good picture, but it wouldn't cooperate. Anyway, at least you can see some of the Shimmerz that I added to the snowflakes, hats and scarves of these adorable snowmen!! I used the beautiful My Mind's Eye Christmas paper. The snowman stamp is by Northwoods Rubber Stamps and the sentiment stamp is by Rubber Soul. I colored my image with Copics. I love the colors in this card and those snowmen are too cute!!


I know that making Christmas cards seems so weird right now with all of the beautiful Spring/Summer stamps available, but when November rolls around and you have these cards ready to go, you will be so happy. This will alleviate some of the stress of the holidays, so please play along!! You have to admit, it's always fun to see a cute winter image!!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog and sharing my first week on this amazing team. I look forward to seeing what you create!!


Be sure to visit the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog to see what the other challenge divas created. We'd love for you to play along, just leave a comment and a link to your creation on the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long blog or if you upload to SCS or PCP, use the keyword CSAYL.


I hope you have a great week and I'll see you tomorrow with something else to look at!!


10 comments:

Heather Schlatter said...

Cathy,

Those snow men are adorable!!! Your coloring is great and I really enjoy the layout. I am so glad you shared the sketch picture it is always hard to see in your head what the sketch looked like if there is not a picture of the sketch with your card!!!

The colors are wonderful too!!!

Congrats on being a CSAYL Diva!!!!

Heather

Maria said...

Awesome card, Cathy! I'm so glad you're on the team. Can't wait to see your fabulous challenge samples each week!

Your card is absolutely adorable. I love those snowman . . .beautiful coloring and colors! I love how you changed the orientation! Great idea!!

Well, welcome to the team, Cathy! Your cards will surely inspire others to create their Christmas cards early!!

Maria

inlovestamping said...

Yet another adorable snowman image!! Great card this week! I agree with Heather and Maria your coloring is awesome. Can't wait to see what you make next week!

Janna said...

congratulations Cathy!!! What exciting new! I am so glad that you are on the team! This card is gorgeous! I love the image you chose and your beautiful coloring. Teh shimmerz really makes those snowflakes sparkle! great use of papers and DP as well! An adorable card1

Smiels,
janna

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh those snowmen make me smile.

Ila said...

Congratulations Cathy!! Your work and this card is Gorgeous...and these snowmen are just the Cutest!!...Thanks so much for your kind words and for entering my BC...Good Luck!!...Hugs, Ila

Michelle said...

LOVE this image - those snowmen are adorable! Love your color choices! Welcome to the team!!

Jodi said...

This is so cute, great job on the sketch!! These are super cute snowmen!!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what darling snowmen! I turned the sketch this week too.

nicky said...

this is a funny card! hugs nicky